What are the things we should eat before we come home?

Friday, August 15, 2008

Last night we stayed in a hotel that had stuff on the pillow cases from the last 20 tourists to stay there so we pulled out our bed sheet to make a good use of it. The room was $7 a night and they said just had a fan, no a/c. We got in there and saw a a/c on the wall, so we went to it and turned it on and it ran cold. The bed had a sheet that covered, well, half the width of the bed, to go on top of us, so we sure cuddled close last night to stay under it, because that a/c only had one temperature, COLD, and if we shut if off it got WAY to hot to think. Mind you though, I am a little sick, so I need cool air on me to be able to fall asleep.
We got up this morning and rode a bus to the coast. The bus ride took 4 hrs, and the a/c only mostly worked. But we did make it to the coast. We got off the bus one spot too early, so we needed to catch a ride from motorbike drivers. A whole bunch of them surrounded us and one grabbed my bag out of the bus and started walking to his bike with it, so I had to fight him for my backpack and I finally yanked it out of his hands and walked away. Nikki had it a little easier and he just held it by her until I told her to get it from him. Then one grabbed our guidebook out of Nikki's hands and sat over on his bike for us to go with him, so I walked over and asked him for it, but he just kept pulling it out of my reach until I finally could get it and had to fight for the book out of his hands and then as I was walking back to Nikki a bunch of them were trying to pull the pack off my back, so I had to push through all of them. I got over to Nikki and she had lost her bag to one of the guys who was waiting for us on his bike, so I just gave up and went with one of them who was not trying to yank the stuff out of my hands as bad as the others. I got kind of grouchy at them and told a bunch of them that we would not go with them because how they were acting and told them to get out of there, so two of them left but a couple wouldn't so I just had to ignore them. We did make it to our hotel which we are splugging for and spending $20 a night because it is very nice and overlooks an almost deserted beach, the rest are FULL of locals, and tourists. We got all unpacked and ate a meal and then headed to the beach for 2 hrs. We are so burnt that we hurt. I am not going to bore with much details, but we headed to the other beach to find a place to rent a kyake tomorrow and it was interesting how the locals and tourists were seperated and there was a clear line when it turned into the tourist beach. Also interesting is that ALL the locals swam in their clothes, pants and shirt, or in a very modest single piece swimming suits, and then we passed into the tourist side, and there was not one modest swimming suit. We did eventailly find a kyak rental spot and also snorkal gear and then went for dinner. I had a crab for $3 and shrimp and rice, LOADED with shrimp, and Nikki had some noodle dinner, all for $7, and the waitress was waiting to our every need. I never even emptied half my cup of water before it was full, and when I put the crab shell aside it was gone soon as well. So we tipped her pretty good. After dinner we HAD to stop for ice cream and then grabbed a motorbike ride back to the hotel.

No comments: